Sunday, January 27, 2013

Tea Time

     Today is a day I've been desperately needing. I woke up at 9:30am did my bible study, had some oatmeal with brown sugar, woke up Spencer, listened to a sermon online with my family and then spent the rest of the day relaxing. Ahhh. ♥ Later this evening my hubby and I headed to the library. We spent our time picking out books and just browsing. Afterward we headed to Olive Garden. There was a bit of a wait but we didn't mind because it meant STARBUCKS!!! I had a decaf vanilla spice latte which was the perfect taste for this kind of day. We had a really good time talking and spending time with one another. We finally ended the day with delicious peach glazed chicken, parmesan pasta, laughs and happiness
     
     I think that with everything going on; all the anxiety and excitement while waiting for Brielle to make her grand entrance, we're needing time to relax and empty our minds more than ever. Spencer and I are enjoying are last days to just be the two of us. We are so anxious to meet our baby girl, at the same time we're trying to soak up all the time we can have together before things get hectic. We're spending many stolen moments remembering the good times, and talking about what our future little family is going to be like.

     The waiting game has begun and I already feel like it's been going on far too long. This week I started to drink raspberry leaf tea which is highly suggested for pregnancy. It really has nothing to do with "raspberries" it's a certain little herb that is packed with benefits. Why am I drinking it now you may ask? Well there's lots of great benefits -
  • Reducing pain in labor
  • Helping with post birth pains and recovery
  • Toning uterus ( that's what's reducing the pain and helping make recovery faster)
  • Helps make contractions more productive
  • Helps with delivery of the placenta 
     Yeah, great stuff right? It's also great to help with fertility in both men and women, it also can prevent miscarriage. I've heard lots of great stories of it helping lots of pregnant women I've found  tons online and I have some friends who started drinking it at the end of pregnancy and swear by it. I figure I might as well try it out, why not see if it works for me. If anything mentally it helps me feel like I'm doing something to prepare for labor. Spencer and I have been going weekly to childbirth classes and practiced a little today, but of course I'm still going crazy about the whole thing. I trust that Spencer's going to help me through it one hundred ten percent. I believe completely that he'll be a great support person for me. The most comforting thought to me is knowing each day and each pain brings me that much closer to meeting my new baby.  Well that's about it. XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment