Tuesday, December 11, 2012

UGH!

     So yesterday I went to do my 29 week prenatal appointment. It went really well, Brielle's growing perfectly and I got to hear her heartbeat which is also great. I also found out that in one month I've only gained 3lbs, AWESOME! Very proud of myself. It was a good appointment and I was really happy with everything. Then after the appointment I went down to some lab tests. It was to draw blood to test for anemia and gestational diabetes, basically I had to drink something, wait an hour (for my body to absorb the sugar drink), pee in a cup and get my blood drawn. That was easy and went well too.
     This morning they called me with lab results. I knew right away that it wasn't going to be good because my midwife told me that they'd only call if something was wrong. So I learned that my test was two points to high!! ARE YOU KIDDING? I felt so frustrated because two points is no big deal. They told me that because it was above what it was supposed to be I have to come back to the lab to take a 3hr blood test. I'm supposed to fast for 12hrs before then get my blood drawn, drink the sugary drink, at the first hour get my blood drawn again, then at 2hrs get another draw and of course ANOTHER at 3hrs. Mrahhhh! 
     At first I simply felt frustrated that I have to go get poked 4 times in one day. But now I'm feeling worried. I trust God to take care of my pregnancy and do the very best for me, but of course I'm concerned about it. I'm assuming it's just because I ate that morning before the test, but there could be something wrong. I'm just going to pray that everything is good and that there is nothing to worry about. So I'll just wait and trust that everything will end OK. It's a bummer but I'm glad I took the test so now I'll know if something's wrong right away and be able to change things to help with my condition, if there even is one. 

     Despite the disappointing news this morning, I had a really good day. I got to spend some time with Spencer (he finally has a break from school! WOOT, WOOT!!!!), I'm always super happy when I get to be with him. After he went to work my mom, Jordan and I went to Applebee's which was super fun. I love being with my family, I am seriously so blessed to have such amazing people in my life. They're the best. After dinner I came home and bought Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift concert tickets for Spencer and I this summer!! YAY! I'm super glad that will be such a fun date. 
      Anytime I think of anything after February I get so excited. All I think is baby Brielle will be here then! I'm so excited to meet her. I think about her constantly now and I'm just so excited. I don't know how I'm going to survive all through February, I swear it will be the longest month of my life. I already wish I could hold her and give her kisses. Only 73 days to go!!

1 comment:

  1. SERIOUSLY DIEING TO MEET HER! <3 It's pretty much torture.. haha, but shes healthy! Yay! Praying for your future appointment! (:

    ReplyDelete