Saturday, May 18, 2013

Life & Love...






      One thing about Spencer is, we are OPPOSITES.  He sees blue, I see pink. I'm an extrovert, he's an introvert. He's a "realist" which every pessimist says about themselves, I'm an optimist. I guess that's why they say opposites attract. Spencer and I can always find something to argue about. Lately we've been arguing a lot about the little things. 
     Normally one or the other will just drop it and we rarely fight, but lately we both are embracing our stubbornness. So I'm going to try harder to be the woman he needs and the wife I'm supposed to be. He's an amazing man and I need to respect him the way I had June 11th, 2011. The thing I've found about marriage is we need to respect our men not because the DESERVE it, but because they are our husbands. Spencer is an amazing man, but there are times were he definitely doesn't act like and I know I'm not always a great wife. But the thing that's kept us together all this time is that we won't give up. I will spend my entire life trying to show him respect, and he will spend his life trying to love me.
     I'm so happy, despite fights and hard times, I'm happy. I'll always try as hard as a I can to love him.  We both will. 
     I've been thinking a lot about how we never had a big, fancy wedding. We never had our first dance, we never kissed at the alter. This summer we're planning to do something for our anniversary so it brings up a lot of thoughts. Despite the fact that we never got a big celebration of love, I feel like we love bigger than we thought we could.
     We've been through so much together and he's stuck with me through it all. I think that the most important thing we can do for each other is vow to never give up.  I'm a happy little mama with a wonderful husband. I am committed to trying my hardest in this major. Tonight when he get's off work we'll get some virgin pina coladas and laugh. 


     One thing about Spencer is, he's my very best friend.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2oEmPP5dTM

No comments:

Post a Comment