Sunday, February 9, 2014

Snow days...

     9 inches of snow!?!?! I cant believe how crazy this week has been.  This is the most snow I've seen since I was a little girl. It's so fun to play in the snow with Brielle, even if we could only stand the cold ten minutes.  ;) We are completely snowed in. Luckily my Grandpa has been giving Spencer rides to work and I was able to go to my parents on Friday to play in the snow. Most of all, this weather has reminded me of just how important it is to take time to relax. There are always things to be done and a million things to occupy our minds but I think we forget how good it is for us all to take a minute to breathe. It's important not to be lazy and to work hard, but it does our hearts good to sit still once in awhile. This morning church was cancelled so I spent some time just sitting there. Clearing my mind and praying. So despite my longing for sunshine, I'm thankful for these snow days.  I'm so thankful for the rest it has brought to me and for the special moments with my family. It has reminded me not to forget to take time to just be still and calm. This has been just what I needed. Thank you God. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment